Direct Applicability of La0.6Sr0.4CoO3-δ Thin Film Cathode to Yttria Stabilised Zirconia Electrolytes at T ≤ 650 °C
- Direct Applicability of La0.6Sr0.4CoO3-δ Thin Film Cathode to Yttria Stabilised Zirconia Electrolytes at T ≤ 650 °C
- 노호성; 손지원; 이헌; 박종성; 이해원; 이종호
- SOFC; Thin film cathode; Lanthanum Strontium Cobalt Oxide (LSC); Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD); Micro-Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (Micro-SOFCs); *2010개인평가에 반영 완료
- Issue Date
- Fuel cells
- VOL 10, NO 6, 1057-1065
- For investigating the direct applicability of highly active cobalt containing cathodes on YSZ electrolytes at a lower processing and operating temperature range (T ≤ 650 °C), we fabricated a thin film lanthanum strontium cobalt oxide (LSC) cathode on an yttria stabilised zirconia (YSZ)-based solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) via pulsed laser deposition (PLD). Its electrochemical performance (5.9 mW cm-2 at 0.7 V, 650 °C) was significantly inferior to that (595 mW cm-2 at 0.7 V, 650 °C) of an SOFC with a thin (t ~ 200 nm) gadolinium doped ceria (GDC) buffer layer in between the LSC thin film cathode and the YSZ electrolyte. It implies that even though the cathode processing and cell operating temperatures were strictly controlled not to exceed 650 °C, the direct application of LSC on YSZ should be avoided. The origin of the cell performance deterioration is thoroughly studied by glancing angle X-ray diffraction (GAXRD) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM), and the decomposition of the cathode and diffusion of La and Sr into YSZ were observed when LSC directly contacted YSZ.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.