The Effects of CrV Underlayer on the Structure and Magnetic Properties of FePt Thin Film
- The Effects of CrV Underlayer on the Structure and Magnetic Properties of FePt Thin Film
- 천동원; 김성만; 김긍호; 정원용
- FePt L10; CrV underlayer; perpendicular magnetic recording media; FePt film; in-situ ordering
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on magnetics
- VOL 46, NO 6, 1856-1858
- An attempt is made in this study to employ vanadium containing chromium (CrV) alloy underlayer to control the microstructure and
ultimately to facilitate the in-situ ordering of Fe-Pt thin film. CrV alloys with V contents ranging from 0 to 15 at% were investigated to
evaluate their effects on the magnetic properties and structural modification of FePt thin film. Addition of V in Cr underlayer results
in the formation of FePt L10 phase with (001) preferred orientation. Analysis of XRD and HR-TEM results reveals that the lattice
expansion of Cr underlayer induced by V addition increases the lattice misfit strain between CrV underlayer and FePt magnetic layer.
Consequently well aligned FePt (001) grains and in-situ ordering of FePt L10 thin film can be obtained. Magnetic property measurements
show that FePt/Pt/5.8 at.%V-Cr multilayer has the maximum out-of-plane coercivity (4000 Oe) and squareness (0.95). Due to in-situ
ordering, good perpendicular magnetic properties with higher coercivity and squareness were achieved from FePt/Pt/Cr94.2V5.8 multi-layers at the processing temperature of 350 ℃ without further annealing treatment.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.