Comparative study of plasma and ion-beam treatment to reduce the oxygen vacancies in TiO2 and recombination reactions in dye-sensitized solar cells
- Comparative study of plasma and ion-beam treatment to reduce the oxygen vacancies in TiO2 and recombination reactions in dye-sensitized solar cells
- Md. Khaled Parvez; 유기문; 김주호; 고민재; 김성룡
- dye-sensitized; plasma; ion-beam; TiO2
- Issue Date
- Chemical physics letters
- VOL 495, NO 1-3, 69-72
- Oxygen plasma and ion-beam treatments of nano-structured TiO2 were carried out to enhance the efficiency
of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). Relative changes in surface states and recombination reactions
were examined. Comparative studies showed that the oxygen ion-beam treatment was more
effective in reducing the number of oxygen vacancies in TiO2 and the recombination reactions between
TiO2 conduction band electrons and I￣3 ions in the electrolyte than the plasma treatment. Oxygen ionbeam
treated TiO2 film in the DSSC showed a 23 mV increase in the open-circuit voltage (Voc) and an
improvement in the photo-conversion efficiency from 5.05% to 6.64%.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.