Current-perpendicular-to-plane spin transport properties of CoFe alloys: Spin diffusion length and scattering asymmetry
- Current-perpendicular-to-plane spin transport properties of CoFe alloys: Spin diffusion length and scattering asymmetry
- 안치의; 신경호; Reza Loloee; Jack Bass; William P. Pratt, Jr
- CoFe; Spin transport; Spin diffusion length; Scattering asymmetry; CPP; Spin valve; Multilayer
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied physics
- VOL 108, NO 2, 023908-1-023908-7
- From measurements of the current-perpendicular-to-plane magnetoresistance of magnetic
multilayers and exchange-biased spin-valves combining the ferromagnetic (F) alloys Co50Fe50 and
Co70Fe30 with the nonmagnetic metal Cu, we extract values of the bulk scattering asymmetry, βF,
the spin-diffusion length, lsfF , the interface scattering asymmetry, γF/Cu, and twice the enhanced
specific resistance, 2ARF/Cu*. The parameters of the two alloys lie within mutual uncertainties of each
other. The values of βF~0.88 are unusually large, those of lsfF~ 10 nm are moderate and consistent
with values for other F-alloys, and those of 2ARF/Cu* ~ 0.6 fΩ ㎡ and γF/Cu~ 0.6 are both less than
those for Co/Cu. We do not need to include any spin-flipping at the F/Cu interfaces to fit our data.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.