In-line Oil Viscosity Sensor Implementing An Elastomagnetic Ribbon Resonance
- In-line Oil Viscosity Sensor Implementing An Elastomagnetic Ribbon Resonance
- 공호성; 한흥구; 루바 마르코바
- 오일; 동점도; 음향점도; 자기탄성체 리본 공진; oil; kinematic viscosity; acoustic viscosity; eleastomagnetic ribbon resonance
- Issue Date
- 한국윤활학회지; Journal of the KSTLE (Journal of the Korean Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers)
- VOL 26, NO 2, 97-104
- A new magnetoelastic technique of oil viscosity measurement, where the oil viscosity is estimated
by frequency shift of natural oscillations of magnetoelastic ribbon, is implemented in this study. Laboratory tests
of the detector prototype are performed for measurement of viscosity of base synthetic and mineral oils. It was
found that measurement accuracy was better when damping factor was estimated in comparison with accuracy
of frequency of damped oscillations. Thus the oil viscosity was calibrated as a function of number of pulses of
the damped oscillations of magnetoelastic ribbon. Result generally showed that developed detector is promising
for in line oil viscosity measurement in wide viscosity range from 10 cSt up to 600 cSt, while the viscosity measurement
was relatively instable when the viscosity of test oil was over 400 cSt.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.