A design of Novel IGBT with Oblique Trench Gate
- A design of Novel IGBT with Oblique Trench Gate
- 오주현; 천대환; 이의복; 김영환; 김춘근; 주병권; 성만영; 김용태
- Trench IGBT; Breakdown voltage; Electric field distribution
- Issue Date
- 2010 Asia-Pacific Workshop on fundamentals and Applications of Advanced Semiconductor Devices
- VOL 110, NO 110, 57-59
- In this paper, a new IGBT structure that has oblique trench gate is proposed. This oblique trench gate
IGBT(OTIGBT) has higher breakdown voltage and lower on-state voltage drop characteristic than conventional IGBT. The
proposed OTIGBT distributes the electric field which is concentrateda t the trench edge to the curve of the p-base region.
Moreover,t his proposed structwe can reduce the on-state voltage drop due to the reduced JFET area that is existed in the
planar gate IGBT structure. Simulation results indicate the breakdown voltage of the OTIGBT is increased compared to the
trench gate IGBT. The on-statev oltage drop is reducedt han planar gate IGBT which is similar to the on-state voltage drop of
trench gate IGBT.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.