Hydrogenation properties of Ni-Nb-Zr-Ta amorphous ribbons
- Hydrogenation properties of Ni-Nb-Zr-Ta amorphous ribbons
- Jayalakshmi; 최윤길; 김유찬; 김윤배; 에릭플러리
- Mechanical testing; Hydrogen embrittlement; Site occupancy; Glasses; metallic
- Issue Date
- VOL 18, NO 10, 1988-1993
- In this paper, we present the hydrogenation properties of two compositions of Ni–Nb–Zr–Ta amorphous ribbons. The importance of the alloy composition, particularly the role of Zr, in determining the stability of the structure, hydrogenation kinetics and mechanical properties are brought out. It was observed that the partial replacement of Zr by Nb in the Ni42Nb28Zr25Ta5 amorphous alloy induced a reduction of the hydrogen absorption kinetics, a larger dilatation of the amorphous structure and a lower value of hydrogen permeability for temperature larger than 450 °C. These properties are interpreted based on the possible occupation sites of hydrogen atoms in structural models recently proposed for these Ni–Nb–Zr-based amorphous alloys.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.