Urban aerosol number concentration and scattering coefficient in Seoul, Korea, during winter
- Urban aerosol number concentration and scattering coefficient in Seoul, Korea, during winter
- 이현혜; 김진영; 이승복; 배귀남; 염성수
- light scattering; ultrafine particle; accumulation mode particle; visibility; Seoul
- Issue Date
- Particle and aerosol research; 한국입자에어로졸학회지
- VOL 6, NO 2, 91-103
- Size-segregated number concentration and scattering coefficient of urban aerosols were measured using an SMPS(scanning mobility particle sizer) and a nephelometer, respectively in Seoul, Korea, during the winter season of 2003. The average number concentrations of ultrafine particles (20~100 ㎚) and accumulation mode particles (100~600 ㎚) were 2,170 particles cm-3 and 1,521 particles cm-3, respectively. The scattering coefficient at the wavelength of 550 ㎚ ranged from 62.6 Mm-1 to 330.1 Mm-1 and average value was 163.4 Mm-1. The peak concentrations of ultrafine particles and accumulation mode particles were simultaneously recorded between 6:00 and 9:00 A.M., indicating the effect of vehicle emissions which are major air pollution sources in the urban atmosphere. On average, the number concentration of ultrafine particles was 1.4 times higher than that of accumulation mode particles, although it was a little higher during the morning peak time. The variation of aerosol scattering coefficient was in good agreement with that of accumulation mode particle number concentration rather than that of ultrafine particle number concentration.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.