Process Feasibility on thermal-plasma system for HFC-23 decomposition
- Process Feasibility on thermal-plasma system for HFC-23 decomposition
- 이중기; 조규영; 이상득; 이화영; 장원영; Jong Choo Lim
- HFC-23; thermal destruction; Feasibility study; Pro/II; thermal plasma destruction
- Issue Date
- Materials science forum
- VOL 658, 137-140
- A feasibility study on the use of a thermal plasma process for the destruction of HFC-23
is carried out in comparison with an incineration process. The material and energy balances for both
processes are calculated using the commercial simulator, Pro/II (ver. 8.0). Based on the
computational analysis, the volume of the plasma process and NOx and CO2 emissions in the
plasma process are 25, 10 and 40% of those in the incineration process, respectively. Therefore,
more compact units can be employed in the plasma process. However, the operating cost of the
plasma process would be higher than that of the incineration process using LNG as a fuel.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.