Properties of porous SiC ceramics prepared by wood template method
- Properties of porous SiC ceramics prepared by wood template method
- 하정수; Byong Gu Lim; Geum-Hyun Doh; In-Aeh Kang; 김창삼
- porous SiC; wood template; embedding; microstructure; Properties
- Issue Date
- 한국세라믹학회지; Journal of the Korean Ceramic Society
- VOL 47, NO 4, 308-311
- Porous SiC samples were prepared with three types of wood (poplar, pine, big cone pine) by simply embedding the wood charcoal
in a powder mixture of Si and SiO2 at 1600 and 1700oC. The basic engineering properties such as density, porosity, pore size
and distribution, and strength were characterized. The samples showed full conversion to mostly β-SiC with good retention of the
cellular structure of the original wood. More rigid SiC struts were developed for 1700oC. They showed similar bulk density (0.5~
0.6 g/cm3) and porosity (81~84%) irrespective of the type of wood. The poplar sample showed three pore sizes (1, 8, 60 μm) with a
main size of 60 μm. The pine sample showed a single pore size (20 μm). The big cone pine sample showed two pore sizes (10,
80 μm) with a main size of 10 μm. The bend strength was 2.5 MPa for poplar, 5.7 MPa for pine, 2.8 MPa for big cone pine, indicating
higher strength with pine.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.