Optical properties of surface modified polypropylene by plasma immersion ion implantation technique
- Optical properties of surface modified polypropylene by plasma immersion ion implantation technique
- Sk. Faruque Ahmed; 문명운; 김찬수; 장용준; 한승희; 최진영; 박원웅; 이광렬
- PP; ion beam; plasma; optical; bandgap
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 97, NO 8, 081908-1-081908-3
- The optical band gap and activation energy of polypropylene (PP) induced by an Ar plasma
immersion ion implantation technique were studied in detail. It was revealed that the structural
alternation with an increase in polymer chain cross-linking in the ion beam affected layer enhanced
the optical properties of PP. The optical band gap, calculated from the transmittance spectra,
decreased from 3.44 to 2.85 eV with the Ar plasma ion energy from 10 to 50 keV. The activation
energy, determined from the band tail of the transmittance spectra, decreased while the electrical
conductivity increased with the Ar plasma ion energy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.