Perpendicular magnetic tunnel junctions with synthetic ferrimagnetic pinned layer
- Perpendicular magnetic tunnel junctions with synthetic ferrimagnetic pinned layer
- 최경민; 신일재; 민병철; 신경호
- magnetic tunnel junction; perpendicular magnetic anisotropy; tunnel magnetoresistance; synthetic ferrimagnet; interlayer exchange coupling
- Issue Date
- Journal of applied physics
- VOL 108, NO 7, 073913-1-073913-5
- We have fabricated perpendicular magnetic tunnel junctions (p-MTJs) consisting of CoPt/Ru/CoFeB/MgO/CoFeB/Pt. The tunnel magnetoresistance (TMR) of the p-MTJs characterizes the magnetic configurations of the CoPt/Ru/CoFeB pinned layer. The magnetic moment of the CoFeB, which is naturally in-plane, can be aligned to the out-of-plane direction by an indirect exchange coupling with the hcp CoPt alloy having large perpendicular magnetic anisotropy. When the applied field is relatively smaller than the exchange coupling strength, the p-MTJs show a configurationally negative TMR as a consequence of an antiparallel alignment of the CoPt and CoFeB magnetic moments.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.