Electrochemical preparation of Pt-based ternary alloy catalyst for direct methanol fuel cell anode
- Electrochemical preparation of Pt-based ternary alloy catalyst for direct methanol fuel cell anode
- 안상현; 권오중; 김수길; 최인수; 김재정
- Direct methanol fuel cell; Platinum-based alloy catalyst; Electrodeposition; Galvanic displacement
- Issue Date
- International journal of hydrogen energy
- VOL 35, NO 24, 13309-13316
- The CoPtRu catalyst was prepared with electrochemical methods on carbon paper. The
preparation of Co particles on the carbon paper was performed through an electrodeposition
process by varying the deposition potential and time. After Co electrodeposition,
Pt and Ru galvanic displacements were carried out by controlling displacement time. The
bulk and surface composition of the catalysts were analyzed by using inductively coupled
plasma (ICP) mass spectroscopy and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), respectively.
It was proved that the CoPtRu catalyst was successfully synthesized using the electrochemical
process. In this study, the electrochemically prepared catalysts showed superior
catalytic activity for methanol oxidation and tolerance to CO poisoning compared to
a commercial PtRu/C catalyst (E-tek).
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.