Single crystalline CoFe/MgO tunnel contact on nondegenerate Ge with a proper resistance-area product for efficient spin injection and detection
- Single crystalline CoFe/MgO tunnel contact on nondegenerate Ge with a proper resistance-area product for efficient spin injection and detection
- 전건록; 민병철; 이헌성; 신일재; 박창엽; 신성철
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 97, NO 2, 022105-1-022105-3
- We report the proper resistance-area products in the single crystalline bcc CoFe/MgO tunnel contact
on nondegenerate n-Ge desirable for efficient spin injection and detection at room temperature. The
electric properties of the single crystalline CoFe(5.0 nm)/MgO/n-Ge(001) tunnel contacts with an
ultrathin MgO thickness of 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5 nm have been investigated by the I-V-T and C-V
measurements. Interestingly, the crystalline tunnel contact with the 2.0-nm MgO exhibits the Ohmic
behavior with the RA products of 5.20X10−6 / 1.04X10−5 Ω m2 at ±0.25 V, satisfying the
theoretical conditions required for significant spin injection and detection. We believe that the
results are ascribed to the presence of MgO layer between CoFe and n-Ge, enhancing the Schottky
pinning parameter as well as shifting the charge neutrality level.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.