Inductively coupled plasma reactive ion etching of titanium thin films using a Cl2/Ar gas
- Inductively coupled plasma reactive ion etching of titanium thin films using a Cl2/Ar gas
- Xiao, Yu Bin; Kim, Eun-Ho; Kong, Seon Mi; 박재현; 민병철; Chung, Chee Won
- Titanium; Inductively coupled plasma reactive ion
- Issue Date
- VOL 85, NO 3, 434-438
- Inductively coupled plasma reactive ion etching of titanium thin films patterned with a photoresist using
Cl2/Ar gas was examined. The etch rates of the titanium thin films increased with increasing the Cl2
concentration but the etch profiles varied. In addition, the effects of the coil rf power, dc-bias voltage and
gas pressure on the etch rate and etch profile were investigated. The etch rate increased with increasing
coil rf power, dc-bias voltage and gas pressure. The degree of anisotropy in the etched titanium films
improved with increasing coil rf power and dc-bias voltage and decreasing gas pressure. X-ray photoelectron
spectroscopy revealed the formation of titanium compounds during etching, indicating that Ti
films etching proceeds by a reactive ion etching mechanism.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.