Torque Profile Measuring and Sensibility Evaluation of a Haptic Device
- Torque Profile Measuring and Sensibility Evaluation of a Haptic Device
- 전차수; 추헌성; 박세형; 김래현; 신상균
- Tangible prototyping; Virtual Reality; Haptic dial; Sensibility evaluation; Torque profile measuring
- Issue Date
- 한국CAD/CAM학회논문집; Transactions of the society of CAD/CAM engineers.
- VOL 15, NO 3, 222-233
- Developed in this research is a TP (tangible prototyping) system, which consists of two modules; (1)
a virtual reality model to evaluate the functions and appearance of the product, and (2) a haptic device
to emulate tactile and kinesthetic properties of mechanical dial knobs. As an example, a washing
machine is modeled using a commercial CAD system and transformed in VRML and X3D formats.
Some dynamic behaviors and kinematic characteristics are programmed using X3D script and Java. Various
haptic behaviors of the dial are generated by modulating torque profile according to the rotation
angle. A torque profile measuring system is developed to evaluate the behaviors of the haptic dial physically.
Haptic sensibility evaluations are accomplished using the TP by semantic differential method.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.