Simultaneous determination of 1,4-Dioxane and Formaldehyde in water by solid phase microextraction gas chromatography-time of flight mass spectrometry
- Simultaneous determination of 1,4-Dioxane and Formaldehyde in water by solid phase microextraction gas chromatography-time of flight mass spectrometry
- 박현미; 와나디; 문동주; 조양하; 이연희; 이강봉
- formaldehyde; 1,4-dioxane; water
- Issue Date
- RAFA 2011
- Simultaneous determination of 1,4-dioxane and formaldehyde in water by solid phase microextraction (SPME)-gas chromatography–time of flight mass spectrometer (GC-TOFMS) was investigated. Two types of SPME fibers, polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS)/divinylbenzene(DVB) and 100 μm–polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) were investigated. The aim of this study was to develop a method that allows the determination of 1,4-dioxane and formaldehyde simultaneously. Before the direct SPME extraction, 0.3 w/v % of 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine was used as a derivatizing agent for the analysis of formaldehyde. Three extraction parameters (extraction time, temperature, and salting effect) were observed. PDMS/DVB fiber was found to give the better response. Optimum extraction condition was found at 30oC for 15 min in 5% NaCl solution. The method showed a linear correlation (R2>0.99) in the calibration range of 0.03 – 3.33 μg/ml for 1,4-dioxane and 0.03 – 1.67 ng/ml for formaldehyde.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.