Electrochemical preparation and characterization of V2O5/polyaniline composite film cathodes for Li battery
- Electrochemical preparation and characterization of V2O5/polyaniline composite film cathodes for Li battery
- 박경일; 송한목; 김유나; 모선일; 조원일; 여인형
- Electrochemical method; Specific capacity; Charge/discharge cycle stability; electrochcemical preparation; V2O5; polyaniline; composite film; cathode; lithium battery; V2O5/PANi composite film
- Issue Date
- Electrochimica acta
- VOL 55, NO 27, 8023-8029
- Vanadium pentoxide/polyaniline (V2O5/PANi) composite films were prepared by a two-step electrochemical
method and evaluated for their application in lithium batteries. As a first step the PANi film was
potentiodynamically grown in an acid solution containing aniline monomer, and secondly vanadium
oxide was oxidatively deposited on the polyaniline film in a temperature controlled VOSO4 solution. The
increased current efficiency obtained with the larger anodic current in the high temperature solutions
results in high contents of V2O5 in the composites, even if the oxidative dissolution of PANi also occurs.
The large value of the diffusion coefficient estimated from the cyclic voltammograms for the composite
film provides evidence for the synergistic effect of the conducting polymer and the inorganic composite.
The cell exhibited excellent cycle stability with a high charge storage capacity. The large increase in the
specific capacity for the composite film prepared in this work demonstrates that the conducting polymer
in the composite acts as a binding and conducting element by contributing its electroactivity. The
V2O5/PANi composite film cathodes show a large specific capacity (ca. 270 mAh/g) and improved cyclability
with an extremely small amount of capacity fading (ca. 3.4%) during repeated charge/discharge
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.