A tunable-transmission Sagnac Interferometer using an optical microfiber
- A tunable-transmission Sagnac Interferometer using an optical microfiber
- 임선도; 이성구; 이관일; 이상배
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1- Regular Papers
- VOL 49, NO 8, 082502-1-082502-4
- This paper deals with fabrication of an optical microfiber and demonstration of a Sagnac loop interferometer constructed with it. An optical
microfiber with a diameter ~2 mm and loss ~0:03 dB/mm is manufactured by tapering a conventional single-mode fiber using a flame-brushing
technique. A Sagnac interferometer is assembled by twisting the fabricated microfiber into a loop. The intertwisted section of the loop functions as
a directional coupler whose coupling ratio is tunable by changing the twist rate. Transmission characteristics of the interferometer may allow us to
use it as a potential photonic device such as a linear edge filter, an optical variable attenuator, or a gain flattening filter.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.