Investigation of an arc-induced long period fiber grating inscribed in aphotonic crystal fiber with two large air holes
- Investigation of an arc-induced long period fiber grating inscribed in aphotonic crystal fiber with two large air holes
- 김선덕; 김길환; 황규진; 임선도; 이관일; 김상혁; 이상배; 정제명
- Long period fiber grating; Photonic crystal fiber; Sensor
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Optical Society of Korea
- VOL 13, NO 4, 428-433
- A photonic crystal fiber with two large air holes outside the holey cladding region is fabricated
to induce an effective long periodic grating (LPG) in the core by an electric arc discharge. We
believe that the two large air holes lead to the asymmetric perturbation in the core under the
electric arc discharge, thereby introducing the coupling to the first higher-order mode. The
transmission characteristics of the PCF with the LPG for the external perturbation such as strain,
curvature, and temperature are also investigated. It was found that the shift of resonance peak
in the transmission spectrum depends on the bending direction. The curvature of 8.55 m-1 results
in the center wavelength shifts of 1.8, 4.3, and 11 nm for a vertical, diagonal, and horizontal
direction of the curvature to the large air-hole alignment, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.