Nano-embossed structure on polypropylene induced by low energy Ar ion beam irradiation
- Nano-embossed structure on polypropylene induced by low energy Ar ion beam irradiation
- 아메드; 노건호; 이지영; 김성진; 김호영; 장용준; 문명운; 이광렬
- nano-embossing; Ar ion beam; PP; polypropylene; nanopatterns; Nanostructure; Hardness
- Issue Date
- Surface & coatings technology
- VOL 205, S104-S108
- The surface morphology evolution of polypropylene (PP) irradiated with an Ar ion beam was explored using
a hybrid ion beam system. PP formed the emboss-like nanostructure of ~50 nm induced by the Ar ion beam
treatment for shorter ion beam treatment times, while the emboss-like structure was transited into a 3-D
long nanofiber-like nanostructure for longer treatment times. The Fourier transform infrared spectra
revealed that the polymer chain cross-linking increased with increasing ion treatment time, while the Raman
analysis showed that the conducting amorphous carbon increased on the surface of PP. The surface hardness
and plane strain modulus of the PP decreased from 0.11 to 0.07 GPa and from 1.75 to 1.26 GPa, respectively,
with respect to the Ar ion beam treatment time due to the surface nanostructures formed by the Ar ion beam.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.