Hydrogenolysis of butyl butyrate over Cu/ZnO/Al2O3 catalyst
- Hydrogenolysis of butyl butyrate over Cu/ZnO/Al2O3 catalyst
- 김성민; 이미은; 서영웅; 서동진
- Hydrogenolysis; Butyl butyrate; Cu/ZnO/Al2O3
- Issue Date
- Sixth Tokyo Conference on Advanced Catalytic Science and Technology and Fifth Asia Pacific Congress on Catalysis
- Kinetic measurement for the hydrogenolysis of butyl butyrate to butanol over a commercial
Cu/ZnO/Al2O3 catalyst was conducted. From D2 isotope study, it was found that the hydrogenolysis of butyl
butyrate proceeds via its dissociative adsorption producing C3H7CO and C4H9O fragments. Kinetic study,
interpreted by applying the basis of the Langmuir-Hinshelwood model, suggested that the rate determining
step involves the dissociative adsorption of butyl butyrate. In addition, Cu/ZnO/Al2O3 catalysts with different
Cu/Zn ratios were prepared, characterized by XRD, TPR, TPO, and N2O titration, and tested for this reaction,
showing that the catalyst with the Cu/Zn ratio of 5/1 showed the highest butanol formation rate.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.