Catalytic Activity of Cu-Zn-Al-Mn admixed with gamma-alumina for synthesis of DME from syngas: manganese effect or just method of preparation?
- Catalytic Activity of Cu-Zn-Al-Mn admixed with gamma-alumina for synthesis of DME from syngas: manganese effect or just method of preparation?
- 팔구나딘; 야티; 정광덕
- 메탄올; 합성가스; DME; Methanol; Dimethyl ether; Cu-Zn-based catalyst; Syngas; Preparation method
- Issue Date
- Reaction Kinetics Mechanisms and Catalysis
- VOL 101, NO 1, 117-128
- A series of methanol synthesis catalysts, CuO/ZnO/Al2O3 and CuO/
ZnO/Al2O3 containing 5 mol% of manganese physically admixed with c-Al2O3
were tested for the direct synthesis of dimethyl ether from syngas. The catalysts
were prepared by coprecipitation of the metal nitrates with several types of alkali
carbonate solution. Aqueous solutions of Na2CO3, NaHCO3/Na2CO3 buffer, and
NaHCO3 were used as the precipitating agents to investigate the effects of the
preparation method on the microstructure of the precursors and on the physicochemical
properties and reactivity of the resulting catalysts. It was found that the
most responsible factor in determining the catalytic activity of the methanol synthesis
catalyst is the preparation method rather than the incorporation of manganese
as the structure modifier. There is a substantial correlation between the copper metal
surface area and the activity of the catalyst derived from the structurally active
precursor, hydrotalcite-like layered double hydroxides.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.