Mechanism of aluminum hydroxide layer formation by surface modification of aluminium
- Mechanism of aluminum hydroxide layer formation by surface modification of aluminium
- 서영익; 이정중; 김대군; 이규환; 김영도
- Akali surface modification; Aluminum hydroxide; Mesoporous surface; Gibbsite
- Issue Date
- Applied surface science
- VOL 256, NO 14, 4434-4437
- In this study, a new, relatively simple and rapid fabrication method for forming an Al(OH)₃film on Al
substrates was demonstrated. This method, i.e., alkali surface modification, is simply comprised of
dipping the substrate in a 5 × 10-3 M NaOH solution at 80℃ for 1 min and then immersing it in boiling
water for 30 min. After alkali surface modification, an Al(OH)₃film was formed on Al substrate, and its
chemical state and crystal structurewere confirmed by XPS and TEM. The Al(OH)₃layer was composed of
three regions: an amorphous-rich region, a region of mixed amorphous and crystal domains, and a
crystalline-rich region near the Al(OH)₃layer surface.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.