High power single-lateral-mode operation of InAs quantum dot based ridge type laser diodes by utilizing a double bend waveguide structure
- High power single-lateral-mode operation of InAs quantum dot based ridge type laser diodes by utilizing a double bend waveguide structure
- 김경찬; 한일기; 이정일; 김태근
- laser diodes; quantum dot; bodble bending; high power; single mode
- Issue Date
- Applied physics letters
- VOL 96, NO 26, 261106-1-261106-3
- We report on the high-power, single-lateral-mode operation of InAs quantum dot (QD) based ridge
type laser diodes (LDs) by utilizing a double bend (DB) waveguide structure. The LDs were
designed so that only fundamental modes propagate and higher optical modes are suppressed
through the bent regions. DB waveguide LDs allow the use of wide ridge widths for fundamental
mode operations, which helps to increase their output power via the increase in their net gain. We
measured continuous wave single-lateral-mode output power of up to 310 mW from InAs QD DB
waveguide LDs manufactured with 10- m-wide stripes without facet coating. © 2010 American
Institute of Physics.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.