HPLC and LC TOF/MS determination of clobetasol propionate in cosmetic products
- HPLC and LC TOF/MS determination of clobetasol propionate in cosmetic products
- 남윤식; 이기수; 김지연; 박진숙; 박현미; 차기석; 이강봉
- Clobetasol propionate; cosmetic product; HPLC; LC-TOF/MS
- Issue Date
- Clobetasol propionate is highly effective drugs widely used in dermatology for the treatment of inflammatory diseases. However, severe adverse effects often accompany their long-term use.
The aim of our study was to determine the levels of clobetasol propionate in cosmetics. Cosmetic products (n=6) were analyzed by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) with diode array detector (DAD) at 240nm through a gradient mobile phase system of acetonitrile and water. LC TOF/MS was used to confirm the clobetasol propionate in samples with precursor and product ions. Calibration curves were linear with correlation coefficient (R2) above 0.999 in ranging from 1 to 20 μg/mL. The mean recoveries of 2 spiked samples at 3 levels were 96.4±2.7% in spiked sample 1 and 102.0±3.9% in spiked sample 2, respectively. The maximum detection limit (MDL) for clobetasol propionate was 1.94 μg/g and 2.41μg/g in spiked sample 1, 2, respectively. The results show that clobetasol propionate was detected in ranging from 40 to 90 μg/g in cosmetic products. The levels found are not high if it was detected in medical drug as form of creams, gel, soution and ointments. However, it may affect the person because of cosmetics purpose for beauty and whitening. Therefore, it is important to assess the levels of clobetasol propionate.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.