Demonstration of a high-speed multi-level cell phase-change memory using Ge-doped SbTe
- Demonstration of a high-speed multi-level cell phase-change memory using Ge-doped SbTe
- 장강; 우철; 박영욱; 정증현; 정두석; 유원종; 정병기
- phase change memory; multi-level cell; Ge-doped SbTe
- Issue Date
- European symposium on phase change and ovonic science 2010
- , 147-149
- We demonstrate a high-speed multi-level cell (MLC) operation of a phase change memory with a Ge-doped SbTe
(Ge-ST) for the first time using a conventional pore-type device structure as well as a conventional programming
method. The Ge-ST was selected to have a low Sb/Te ratio of 1.6 (Ge-STL) rendering a diminished growth speed and
a nucleation time relative to the case of a high Sb/Te ratio typical of fast growth-dominated crystallization. With a
writing time of less than 100 ns, each of the 4 resistance levels separated from one another at least by the factor of 4 is
shown to form reliably and stay with a low drift coefficient ranging 0.067 - 0.1. Ge-STL may thus be regarded as a
promising material for high-speed MLC phase change memory applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.