Widely Tunable Coupled-ring Reflector Laser Diode Consisting of Square Ring Resonators
- Widely Tunable Coupled-ring Reflector Laser Diode Consisting of Square Ring Resonators
- 김수현; 변영태; 김두근; 나디아 대글리; 정영철
- Ring resonator; Tunable laser; Coupled-ring reflector; Integrated optics
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Optical Society of Korea
- VOL 14, NO 1, 38-41
- We design and fabricate a widely tunable laser diode made of InGaAsP-InP. The diode is monolithically
integrated with a wavelength-selective coupled-ring reflector and semiconductor amplifiers. For realization
of a compact size device, deeply etched multi-mode interference couplers and square ring resonators
composed of total-internal-reflection mirrors are adopted and fabricated using a self-aligned process. It is
demonstrated that the laser diode exhibits single mode operation and 16 nm tuning range with
side-mode-suppression-ratio exceeding 20 dB.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.