Effect of de-alloying of Pt-Ni bimetallic nanoparticles on the oxygen reduction reaction
- Effect of de-alloying of Pt-Ni bimetallic nanoparticles on the oxygen reduction reaction
- 전태열; 유성종; 조용훈; 강순형; 성영은
- PEMFC; oxygen reduction reaction; Pt-Ni alloy; Fuel cell; Electrocatalyst
- Issue Date
- Electrochemistry communications
- VOL 12, 1796-1799
- Carbon-supported Pt-Ni alloy nanoparticles with various compositions were prepared
by a borohydride reduction method in anhydrous ethanol solvent. Here, we surveyed
effect of thermally induced de-alloying on activity of the oxygen reduction reaction
(ORR). Especially, changes in surface and bulk structures were investigated through
electrochemical and spectroscopic measurements. The activity of as-prepared Pt-Ni
alloy nanoparticles showed a monotonous dependence on Pt content. However, heattreatment
induced the phase separation between Pt and NiO and the resultant
enhancement in ORR activity without significant increase in surface Pt concentration.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.