Surface Functionalization of a Poly(vinylidenefluoride): Effect on the Adhesive and Piezolectric Properties
- Surface Functionalization of a Poly(vinylidenefluoride): Effect on the Adhesive and Piezolectric Properties
- 이지석; 김광호; 홍순만; 최형진; 서용석
- Piezoelctric Properties; ion beam irradiation; surface modification; PVDF; plasma irradiation
- Issue Date
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- VOL 1, NO 12, 2902-2908
- We studied the effect of the surface functionalization and crystalline phase change of poly(vinylidene fluoride) (PVDF)
films on their adhesion and piezoelectric properties. The surface modification of PVDF was carried out with ion beam and/or plasma
treatment. These surface modifications were found to alter the interfacial strength between PVDF and metal electrodes and the crystal
structure of the piezoelectric PVDF film. A remarkable improvement was found in the interfacial adhesion of the films with thermally
deposited metal electrodes, but some piezoelectricity of PVDF film was lost due to the changes in the crystal phase. The proper
treatment condition for enhancing the adhesion and retaining piezoelectric structure was suggested.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.