Increase in Discharge Capacity of Li Battery Assembled with Electrochemically Prepared V2O5/polypyrrole-composite film cathode
- Increase in Discharge Capacity of Li Battery Assembled with Electrochemically Prepared V2O5/polypyrrole-composite film cathode
- 김유나; 김주성; Minh-Triet Thieu; Hung-Cuong Dinh; 여인형; 조원일; 모선일
- electrochemically prepared; V2O5-polypyrrole; composite cathode; Li battery; Inorganic-organic composite film; Electrochemical preparation; Conducting polymer film
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 31, NO 11, 3109-3114
- Flexible composite films of V2O5 and conductive polypyrrole (V2O5/PPy) were grown by facile electrochemical
polymerization, wherein an anodization potential was applied to the substrate electrode in an electrolyte solution
containing pyrrole monomer and dispersed V2O5 particles. The coating of polypyrrole (PPy) on the surface of V2O5
particles was induced by the oxidative catalytic action of V2O5 during the electrochemical polymerization of pyrrole.
PPy in the composite film connects the isolated V2O5 particles. This results in the formation of conductive networks
in the composite film cathode, thereby enhancing the Li+ ion diffusion to the surface of the isolated V2O5 particles and
thus increasing the accessibility of the Li+ ions. The specific capacity tests of the Li rechargeable batteries revealed
that the discharge capacity of this composite film cathode was higher, i.e., 497 mAhg-1, than that of V2O5/PPy powder
or pristine V2O5.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.