Spring-clutch and Safety Strategy for Safe Manipulation
- Spring-clutch and Safety Strategy for Safe Manipulation
- 홍성훈; 최동은; 양기훈; 최준호; 강성철; 이형철
- Safety strategy; Spring-clutch; Safe Manipulation; Inherent safety; 안전 전략; 스프링 클러치; 안전 매니퓰레이션; 본질적인 안전
- Issue Date
- 대한기계학회 2010년도 추계학술대회
- , 1396-1402
- In this study, a novel safe joint mechanism and safety strategy to ensure inherent safety for safe
manipulation are presented. The Spring-clutch(SC) is a simple passive mechanism that consists of a spring
and cam. When a torque less than a threshold is applied, the SC functions as a rigid joint between the input
and the output. However, when the applied torque exceeds the threshold, the SC is released to reduce the
collision force. After the applied torque is removed, the SC returns to its original position without additional
operations. In addition, a compact joint torque sensor is added to the SC to measure the joint torque, which is
used for active compliance control. The SC, however, may not be released depending on the configuration of
the manipulator, i.e. singular position. When the manipulator is ill-posed, the applied external torque due to
the force becomes zero, which makes the SC fail to work. A safe strategy to ensure safety of the manipulator
with the SC is presented.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.