Realization of high IPF ice slurry for district cooling
- Realization of high IPF ice slurry for district cooling
- 이윤표; 이상훈; 유호선
- Ice slurry; ice slurry maker; ice packing factor; concentration; IPF controller; ice concentration
- Issue Date
- International journal of air-conditioning and refrigeration
- VOL 18, NO 3, 1-8
- The Production of high IPF (ice packing factor) ice slurry was realized. The ice slurry maker
which can effciently produce ice slurry under ice particles in-flowing condition was revised. We
removed the stagnant region at the top of the ice slurry maker, thereby high IPF ice slurry was
realized. The IPF controller with 6mm diameter holes could not control IPF in a pipe. This is
because ice particles in ice slurry flow exist homogeneously not only at the upper part but also at
the bottom part. We changed the hole size at the surface of the IPF controller by means of fine
meshes, which, then, increased the IPF in the pipe by 70% when the mesh size was 80 ㎛ or less.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.