Experimental study of an elliptical-core photonic bandgap fiber with thin core wall and high aspect ratio and its birefringence characteristics
- Experimental study of an elliptical-core photonic bandgap fiber with thin core wall and high aspect ratio and its birefringence characteristics
- 김길환; 황규진; 이관일; K.S. Lee; 한영근; 이상배
- Issue Date
- Applied physics. B, Lasers and optics
- VOL 101, NO 3, 583-586
- We fabricate an elliptical hollow-core photonic
bandgap fiber (EC-PBGF) with a core-wall thickness of
65 nm and an aspect ratio of 1.4. The core is expanded by
applying positive pressure in the hollow-core region during
the fiber-drawing process. Both the reduction of core-wall
thickness and the increase of aspect ratio result in the enhancement
of optical properties in terms of a low attenuation
loss and group birefringence. The minimum loss and group
birefringence of the fabricated EC-PBGF2 are measured to
be 0.1 dB/m and 0.012, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.