Quantum-well Intermixing Process for Large Blueshifting in an Ion-implanted InGaAs/InGaAsP Multiple-quantum-well Structure Using Two-step Annealing
- Quantum-well Intermixing Process for Large Blueshifting in an Ion-implanted InGaAs/InGaAsP Multiple-quantum-well Structure Using Two-step Annealing
- 변영태; 전영민; 김선호
- Quantum well; Implantation; Anneal; III-V compound semiconductor; Optoelectronic
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 57, NO 5, 1189-1192
- We describe studies on implantation-enhanced quantum-well intermixing in a lattice-matched
InGaAs/InGaAsP multiple-quantum-well p-i-n heterostructure. Samples are implanted with a dose
of 5 × 1014 P+ ions /cm2 at a high energy of 1 MeV. The band gaps in the samples are determined
from the photoluminescence at room temperature. The Rapid Thermal Annealing (RTA) process
is carried out at 675 ℃ for 9 minutes, and the blue-shift of the band gap is as large as 107 nm.
However, the band shift is improved to 140 nm when a novel two-step annealing process is conducted
at 675 ℃ (9 min) and at 875 ℃ (1 min) in sequence.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.