Prediction and Evaluation of Styrenic Block Copolymers as Surface Modifiers for Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes in α-Terpineol-Based Pastes
- Prediction and Evaluation of Styrenic Block Copolymers as Surface Modifiers for Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes in α-Terpineol-Based Pastes
- 홍성철; 신정은; 최희정; 공희현; 김경곤; 박남규
- 염료감응형 태양전지; dye-sensitized solar cell
- Issue Date
- Industrial & engineering chemistry research
- VOL 49, NO 22, 11393-11401
- A well-defined styrenic block copolymer was prepared through controlled/“living” radical polymerization
technique and evaluated as a polymeric surface modifier for multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) in
R-terpineol-based paste. First, poly(maleic anhydride-co-p-acetoxystyrene)-block-poly(p-acetoxystyrene)
copolymer was prepared through a nitroxide-mediated polymerization (NMP) technique in an efficient “onepot”
reaction. The copolymer was then functionalized with pyrene through an imidization reaction (SPM).
Finally, p-acetoxystyrene units were converted to p-hydroxystyrene units through hydrolysis, affording pyrenefunctionalized
poly(maleic acid-co-p-hydroxystyrene)-block-poly(p-hydroxystyrene) (HSPM). Pyrene units
in one block afforded efficient attachment points to the surface of MWCNT throughπ π-π interaction, while
poly(p-hydroxystyrene) or poly(p-acetoxystyrene) tails afforded enhanced affinities with α-terpineol, as
predicted by Hansen solubility parameter theory. Fabrications of electrodes through screen printing procedures
employing MWCNT/HSPM or MWCNT/SPM pastes were facilitated through the surface modification of
MWCNTs with the block copolymers, as evidenced by low viscosity, more homogeneous and smooth pastes,
homogeneous/uniform MWCNT coatings, and low sheet resistance of the electrode.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.