Preparation and characterization of Ru-based Catalysts for conversion of Glycerol to 1,2-propanediol under mild conditions
- Preparation and characterization of Ru-based Catalysts for conversion of Glycerol to 1,2-propanediol under mild conditions
- 이승환; 허은; 조수현; 이윤주; 박문주; 강정식; 문동주
- PDO; glycerol; bio-diesel; hydrogenolysis; Ru; hydrotalcite; 1,2-Propanediol(PDO)
- Issue Date
- 13th Asia Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering Congress
- The effects of support in Ru-supported catalyst on the conversion and selectivity of 1,2-POD were
investigated. The Ru-based catalysts were prepared by co-precipitation and impregnation methods in order to
improve 1,2-PDO selectivity. The prepared catalysts were characterized by N2 physisorption, CO
chemisorption, XRD, TPR, TPD and TEM techniques. The catalytic hydrogenation of glycerol to 1,2-PDO
over the Ru-based catalysts was investigated at 453 K, 2.5 MPa of initial H2 pressure and 20 wt%
glycerol aqueous solution for 18 h. It was found that the 5 wt% Ru-CaZnMg/Al catalyst prepared by the
solid phase crystallization and impregnation methods showed glycerol conversion of 50 % and 1.2-PDO
selectivity of 85 %. However, the Ru-based catalysts supported on alumina or zirconia were showed lower
1,2-PDO selectivity than the Ru-CaZnMg/Al catalyst. It was found that the selectivity of 1,2-PDO increased
with the acidity of catalyst. The results suggest that the Ru-CaZnMg/Al catalyst is a candidate for the
production of 1,2-PDO from glycerol.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.