Gain-dependent linewidth enhancement factor in the quantum dot structures
- Gain-dependent linewidth enhancement factor in the quantum dot structures
- 김경찬; 한일기; 이정일; 김태근
- quantum dots; linewidth enhancement factor; laser diodes; laser gain
- Issue Date
- VOL 21, 134010-1-134010-5
- We measured the linewidth enhancement factor (α factor) of InAs quantum dot (QD) laser
diodes (LDs) with two different QD structures. One is a normal QD LD with the same energy
bandgap for each active QD layer, while the other is chirped with different energy bandgaps.
The differential gain of the chirped InAs QD LDs is found to be about five times smaller than
that of normal InAs QD LDs, whereas no overall wavelength shift with injection currents is
observed in both QD LDs. The α factor is approximately five times higher in the chirped InAs
QD LDs than in the normal InAs QD LDs. This relatively large α factor in the chirped InAs QD
LDs is attributed to the asymmetrical, wide inhomogeneous gain profile.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.