Stripe-to-bubble transition of magnetic domains at the spin reorientation of (Fe/Ni)/Cu/Ni/Cu(001)
- Stripe-to-bubble transition of magnetic domains at the spin reorientation of (Fe/Ni)/Cu/Ni/Cu(001)
- Jie Wu; 최준우; 원창연; Yizheng Wu; Andreas Scholl; Andrew Doran; 황찬용; Zi Qiang Qiu
- Magnetic Domain; Spin Reorientation Transition; Magnetic Thin Film
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 79, NO 1, 014429-1-014429-6
- Magnetic domain evolution at the spin reorientation transition SRT of Fe/Ni /Cu/Ni/Cu 001 is investigated
using photoemission electron microscopy. While the Fe/Ni layer exhibits the SRT, the interlayer
coupling of the perpendicularly magnetized Ni layer to the Fe/Ni layer serves as a virtual perpendicular
magnetic field exerted on the Fe/Ni layer. We find that the perpendicular virtual magnetic field breaks the
up-down symmetry of the Fe/Ni stripe domains to induce a net magnetization in the normal direction of the
film. Moreover, as the virtual magnetic field increases to exceed a critical field, the stripe domain phase evolves
into a bubble domain phase. Although the critical field depends on the Fe film thickness, we show that the area
fraction of the minority domain exhibits a universal value that determines the stripe-to-bubble phase transition.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.