Ni spin switching induced by magnetic frustration in FeMn/Ni/Cu(001)
- Ni spin switching induced by magnetic frustration in FeMn/Ni/Cu(001)
- Jie Wu; 최준우; Andreas Scholl; Andrew Doran; E Arenholz; 황찬용; Zi Qiang Qiu
- Exchagne Bias; Magnetic Thin Film
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 79, NO 21, 212411-1-212411-4
- FeMn/Ni/Cu 001 bilayer films are grown epitaxially and investigated by photoemission electron microscopy
and magneto-optic Kerr effect. We find that as the FeMn overlayer changes from paramagnetic to
antiferromagnetic state, it switches the ferromagnetic Ni spin direction from the out-of-plane to an in-plane
direction of the film. This phenomenon reveals the mechanism of creating magnetic anisotropy by the out-ofplane
spin frustration at the FeMn-Ni interface.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.