Element-specific study of the anomalous magnetic interlayer coupling across NiO spacer layer in Co/NiO/Fe/Ag(001) using XMCD and XMLD
- Element-specific study of the anomalous magnetic interlayer coupling across NiO spacer layer in Co/NiO/Fe/Ag(001) using XMCD and XMLD
- Jie Wu; 최준우; Andreas Scholl; Andrew Doran; Elke Arenholz; Yizheng Wu; 원창연; 황찬용; Zi Qiang Qiu
- Interlayer Coupling; XMCD; XMLD; NiO
- Issue Date
- Physical review B, Condensed matter and materials physics
- VOL 80, NO 1, 012409-1-012409-4
- Co/NiO/Fe trilayers are grown on Ag 001 substrate using molecular-beam epitaxy and investigated by
element-specific magnetic domain images using x-ray magnetic circular dichroism and x-ray magnetic linear
dichroism techniques. By comparing the Co, Fe, and NiO magnetic domain images, we identify that the
anomalous Co-Fe interlayer coupling from a 90° coupling to a collinear coupling with increasing the NiO film
thickness is due to a transition from a collinear to 90° coupling at the NiO/Fe interface while retaining a 90°
coupling at the Co/NiO interface. Uncompensated Ni spins are found at the Co/NiO interface but are absent at
the NiO/Fe interface. No evidence of spiral NiO spin structure is found in this Co/NiO/Fe sandwich.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.