Si nanowire for superhydrophobic surfaces fabricated with CF4 plasma
- Si nanowire for superhydrophobic surfaces fabricated with CF4 plasma
- 허은규; 차태곤; 문명운; 김호영; 이광렬; 오규환
- Si nanowire; plasma treatment; superhydrophobic; CF4; nanopillar
- Issue Date
- 10th APCPST (Asia Pacific Conference on Plasma Science and Technology)
- To achieve the hierarchy of roughness as observed in lotus leaves, most artificial water-repellent, or superhydrophobic surfaces have nano-asperities on top of micropillars. However, by choosing high aspect ratio of the height over diameter with nano patterns only, the superhydrophobic surface can be obtained. Thus we fabricate surfaces having the Si nanopillars or nanowire on Si wafer plasma-etching with CF4 precursor and subsequent hydrophobic carbon coating.
The Si wafers were etched to create the nanowires using r.f. glow discharge of CF4 plasma etching at 30 mtorr and -600V of bias voltage using plasma assisted chemical vapor deposition (PACVD) method. Aspect ratio of nanowire was controlled by time of CF4 plasma treatment from 10 min to 60 min as well as bias voltage from 400 to 800Vb, which produced the height and diameter of nanowires in the range of 40-300 nm and 60-850 nm, respectively. For preparing hydrophobic surfaces, HMDSO gas were used for the deposition of a-C:H:Si:O deposited on each surface by PACVD method.
It was shown that contact angle and contact angle hysteresis on the nanowire surfaces. The contact angle on the surfaces increased from 120 to 160 degree as increased CF4 plasma treatment time and the contact angle hysteresis was drastically decreased at the 60 min of CF4 plasma treatment from 45 to 15 degree.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.