Mn:SnO2 ceramics as p-type oxide semiconductor
- Mn:SnO2 ceramics as p-type oxide semiconductor
- 이칠형; 남보애; 최원국; 이전국; 최두진; 오영제
- Mn:SnO2; P-type oxide semiconductor; Electrical property; Mn3+ substitution
- Issue Date
- Materials letters
- VOL 65, NO 4, 722-725
- SnO2-based ceramics substituted with manganese as a new p-type oxide semiconductor were prepared by conventional solid state reaction. TheMn was ranged from5 to 20 mol%, and themicrostructure as well as the physical and chemical properties was characterized. Single-phase rutile of Mn:SnO2 solid solution was obtained in all compositions. Lattice parameter was decreased with the increase of amount of Mn. The compositional change and electrical properties of the Mn:SnO2 ceramics were confirmed by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and Hall effect measurement. The 5–10 mol% Mn:SnO2 solid solutions exhibited electrically p-type behavior. The simultaneous presence of Mn2+, Mn3+ and Mn4+ states was approved and Sn4+ in Mn:SnO2 ceramics was partially substituted with Mn3+ which contributes p-type behavior. SnO2 substituted with higher contents of Mn3+ of 50% exhibits p-type semiconductor.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.