Facile synthesis of highly conductive Pt nanofiber mats for a high-rate redox supercapacitor
- Facile synthesis of highly conductive Pt nanofiber mats for a high-rate redox supercapacitor
- 최승훈; 현태선; 이혜진; 장성연; 오성근; 김일두
- Issue Date
- Electrospin2010, International Conference on Electrospinning
- This study reports the fabrication and characterization of highly conductive Pt fiber mats as the conducting core of a high-rate redox-supercapacitor. Electrospun Pt fiber mats calcined at 350 C exhibited high electrical conductivity of 412 S/cm as well as highly porous morphologies composed of crystalline Pt nano-particles with an average particle size of 10 nm. The Pt fiber mats served as the conducting core for electrochemically deposited hydrous RuO2 overlayers. The hybrid electrode utilizing hydrous RuO2-coated Pt fiber mats showed a high specific capacitance of ~ 409.4 F g-1 at 10 mV/sec (based on the mass of the hydrous RuO2 coating layer) and high rate capability with a capacity loss of only 21.4% from 100 to 1000 mV/sec. This is attributed to the fast electron transport pathways offered by the Pt fiber mats to the upper ionically conducting hydrous RuO2 coating layer.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.