Transparent Silica Ambigels through Ternary Azeotropic Mixture
- Transparent Silica Ambigels through Ternary Azeotropic Mixture
- 오영제; 이전국; 최원국
- Silica Aerogel; Transparent; Azeotropic Mixture
- Issue Date
- International Conferences on Modern Materials & Technologies 2010
- , 26-26
- Great interest in silica nanoporous materials has been attracted. Many investigators tried to find new approaches to crack free and transparentsilica aerogels and reduce the coinplpx and long time process of aeroqelformation The wet gel is strengthened by silylation from the aProticsolvents and then dried at ambient pressure There is no data about apractice of azeotropic mixture in the siiica aerogel fabrication Processespecially at the ambient pressure drying step A two step sol-geliemperature range of 130 - 250 ℃ The new method of mesoPoure ambigels (aerogels prepared by ambient pressure drying process) synthesis is suggested. This method includes two important points. The first is the Si02 surface modification of wet gel was Performed bv 5%
TMCS alcohol (n-Butanol) solution. This procedure is provided the silicagel mesopoure structure.The second point is a creation of the ternaryazeotropic mixture water/n-Butanol/ociane as porous liquid which issilica aerogcls were mesoporous (Pore size - 50A) transparent crack-
free with surface area of ~ 1,000 (m2/g) bulk density of ~ 0.4- 0.58 (g/cm3) and porosity of 81.9~85%.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.