Challenges in Solar Energy Technologies in Korea
- Challenges in Solar Energy Technologies in Korea
- Solar energy; photovoltaics; Korea solar energy; renewable energy
- Issue Date
- 2010 NRF Global Symposium
- Korean government has announced a national strategy for the initiative of
“Low Carbon, Green Growth”, and the solar energy technology is expected
to play a key role in driving the sustainable economic growth of Korea.
• Technologies for PVs are defined as one of new growth engines, and are
more importantly treated than solar thermal technologies in Korea.
• Large conglomerates, such as Hyundai Heavy Industry, LG, and
Samsung, have started PV business, which will drive the rapid growing of
Korean PV industry.
• The capacity of solar cell production reached 1 GW/yr by 2009, and is
expected to continuously increase. The export of PV products is also
expected to increase in the future .
• The PV R&D budget is continuously increasing year by year. Recently, the
budget for the development of industry-oriented technologies is
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.