Evaluation of QSAR Applicability in Ecological Risk Assessment of Benzoin
- Evaluation of QSAR Applicability in Ecological Risk Assessment of Benzoin
- 사메르 아브로즈; 송진수; 윤창노; 류병택; 이석원; 최봉인; 유승희; 김상헌
- Benzoin; Risk Assessment; QSAR
- Issue Date
- Benzoin is an organic compound with hydroxyl and ketone
functional groups. It appears as off-white crystals, with a light
It is not a constituent of benzoin resin obtained from the
benzoin tree (Styrax) or tincture of benzoin.
Annual worldwide production: 3000 T/yr
1. As a photocatalyst in photopolymerization and as a photoinitiator.
2. As a raw material for the production of wetting and emulsifying agents and stilbesterol products.
3. As the raw material for synthesis of benzil by organic oxidation.
Benzoin is approved by the US FDA to be used as synthetic flavor and as a diluent in ink for marking fruits and vegetables.
There is however a lack of enough toxicological and ecotoxicological data for this substance.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.