Mechanical properties of SiC ceramics sintered with RE2O3 (RE: Sc, Lu, Y) and AlN Additives
- Mechanical properties of SiC ceramics sintered with RE2O3 (RE: Sc, Lu, Y) and AlN Additives
- B.V. Manoj Kumar; 노명훈; 김영욱; 김원중; 박상환
- SiC; mechanical properties; additive; RE2O3; AlN; ceramics; sintering; scanning electron microscopy (SEM); silicon carbide
- Issue Date
- Metals and Materials International
- VOL 16, NO 2, 229-233
- Highly densified Silicon Carbide (SiC) ceramics with 10 vol.% sintering additives, RE2O3 (RE: Sc, Lu, Y)
and AlN, were prepared via hot pressing in N2 atmosphere. The influence of sintering additive composition
on the mechanical properties of the sintered specimens is discussed. The Sc2O3-AlN system consisted of
equi-axed grain structure, while the Lu2O3-AlN and Y2O3-AlN systems rendered largely grown platelet grains.
While fracture toughness was enhanced with regards to the contribution of crack deflection and crack bridging
mechanisms for intergranular fracture, strength remained almost the same for all specimens.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.