High temperature oxidation of a nanolayer laminated (Cr0.95Ti0.05)2AlC compound in Air
- High temperature oxidation of a nanolayer laminated (Cr0.95Ti0.05)2AlC compound in Air
- 이동복; Thuan Dinh Nguyen; 박상환
- ternary carbide; oxidation; (Cr0.95Ti0.05)2AlC; Cr2AlC; chromium; aluminum; titanium
- Issue Date
- Journal of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- VOL 10, NO 1, 319-324
- High-purity, dense nano-laminated (Cr0.95Ti0.05)2AlC compounds were synthesized via a powder
metallurgical route. Their oxidation characteristics were investigated by exposing them to temperatures
between 900 and 1200 ˚C in air. The alloying Ti in the Cr layer of Cr2AlC did not significantly
change the crystal structure and microstructure of Cr2AlC. But, it increased the oxidation rate of
the Cr2AlC. The scale morphology of the (Cr0.95Ti0.05)2AlC was basically similar to that of the pure
Cr2AlC. The main difference was that the (Cr0.95Ti0.05)2AlC contained oxide nodules. These formed
because the titanium oxidized to TiO2, making the Cr2AlC susceptible to nodular oxidation. However,
α-Al2O3 was still the major oxidation product in both the (Cr0.95Ti0.05)2AlC and pure Cr2AlC.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.