Nanocomposite preparation by a Foaming Process
- Nanocomposite preparation by a Foaming Process
- 서영욱; 오경환; 서용석; 홍순만
- Foam; Cell size; crystallization
- Issue Date
- PPS26 (Polymer processing society 26)
- We present an investigation of the dispersion and exfoliation of the nanoclay particles in polypropylene
copolymer matrix. Supercritical carbon dioxide (sc CO2) and subcritical carbon dioxide (sub CO2) were used as a
foaming agent. Small angle X-ray diffraction showed that full exfoliation of the clay particles were obtained. Similar
results were observed when sub CO2 was used. The clay particles provide more nucleating sites for the foaming of
polymer. Expansion of the adsorbed CO2 facilitates the exfoliation of the clay platelets, thus, sc CO2 at lower
temperature is more efficient for uniform foaming cell production.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.